Fly to Dubrovnik where you will be met by our representative and transferred to the Grand Park Hotel for seven nights. (Meals as per hotel details).
Spend a morning at leisure, familiarising yourself with your resort. Later this afternoon, explore Dubrovnik on the included sightseeing tour with a local guide. Venture along the coastal highway for panoramic views of the city walls, ancient rooftops and picturesque surroundings before continuing on foot to the heart of the city for a walking tour. This ancient town, surrounded by fortresses, is a treasure trove of architectural and cultural masterpieces preserved over centuries. The pleasant city walk will take you to the Rectors' Palace and the Franciscan Monastery with its 14th century pharmacy. (Meals as per hotel details).
Today you have a full day at leisure to explore and enjoy the wonders of Dubrovnik. Often called the 'pearl of Mediterranean', Dubrovnik is a walled city nestled on the rugged, southerly coast beside olive and pine bordered shingle beaches and overlooking a glittering, azure-blue harbour.
Today's included excursion begins with a cruise aboard the magnificent 'Karaka', a replica of a traditional 16th century merchant ship. Sail to the picturesque Elaphite Islands, each dotted with gleaming white-stoned towns and rich, dark pine-trees, and indulge your taste buds as you sample the delicious local cuisine. The Elaphite Island Karaka cruise is a wonderful way to learn about the history of the islands. Cruise to Kolocep, an island thickly carpeted in aromatic pine trees and home to a picturesque fishermen's village. Next, sail to the village of Sudurad on the island of Sipan, a fisherman's port overlooked by towers built to defend the 16th century summer villa of the Skocibuha family. Lastly, cruise to Lopud island, famed for its long maritime tradition. Take a walk along the seafront to the Franciscan Monastery and the 19th century Gjorgic-Mayneri Park, with enough free time for swimming at one of the sandy beaches.
A free day to relax and enjoy your chosen resort. Dubrovnik is one of Croatia's best preserved medieval cities and sits perched on the picturesque southerly coast beside olive and pine bordered shingle beaches. Offering plenty of shops, bars and restaurants Dubrovnik is a delightful place to relax and enjoy the scenery. Similarly, Cavtat is also one of the loveliest coastal spots in Croatia and is set on a wooded headland dotted with cypress and pines trees. Just 15 miles south of Dubrovnik, Cavtat offers several pretty shingle beaches and a sleepy old quarter with a sheltered harbour and a good choice of shops and cafés. (Meals as per hotel details).
Get to know the real Montenegro today on an included excursion. En route to Kotor, pass Risan, once the seat of the Illyrian queen Teuta, and picturesque Perast. Visit the old town of Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site fringed by mountains and nestled on the shore of a long, steep-walled bay. Providing superb views from its mighty hilltop fortress, the town is ribboned with cobbled streets, picturesque squares, and churches. Later, drive along the Lovcen serpentines to Cetinje for breath-taking views over the Bay of Kotor, and a short stop in Njeguski for a chance to sample local Njeguski cheese and the famed pršut smoked ham. Later, drive back along the coast for a panoramic view over Sveti Stefan, an exclusive island-hotel, before heading to Budva for an orientation tour and time at leisure. Return drive to Dubrovnik with a ferry-ride across the bay.
At leisure in Dubrovnik.
Transfer to Dubrovnik airport for your flight to the UK. Includes Breakfast
• Do you want the option of relaxing by the pool or delving into the local culture at your own pace? This is the perfect combination of included unmissable excursions and time to spend the way you want
• Selected excursions
• Plenty of time at leisure to choose your own adventure
• Support throughout, allowing you to book more excursions in resort
• Flights - Transfers - Accommodation
• Guaranteeing more choice and more flexibility
• Dubrovnik - an afternoon to explore this region further with the help of a local guide, this sightseeing tour will show you the ancient sites and historic landmarks this picturesque city boasts.
• Elaphite Island Cruise - cruise on board Karaka, a replica 16th century merchant ship, to visit the tiny, pine-clad islands of Kolocep, Lopud and Sipan.
• Montenegro - journey through Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, full of wonderful churches and pretty squares anad later sample some of the areas lovely local delicacies in a nearby village.